Thursday 26th March
Cardinal Place, Auditorium 1&2, 100 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5JL
Business intelligence is even more important during these tough economic times. People have to make really important decisions and critical strategic moves.
In this one-day seminar, Rafal Lukawiecki aims to show IT Managers and BI practitioners how to improve decision making and getting the valuable business insight by using Microsoft solutions. This seminar will look at an end-to-end approach to building and delivering a Microsoft BI solution, from automated data integration and consolidation to delivering insight in reports, scorecards, and Excel. To make this seminar easier and more pleasant to follow we structured it so that the first half focuses on the goals of BI, performance management, and the knowledge worker. The second half will stress the underlying technologies and the development and deployment processes.
0900-0920 Welcome by Microsoft and Introductions of the Day
· After introductions, we begin the day with an overview of the agenda highlighting the key topics to be covered and the logistics of the event.
0920-1040 Improving Insight and Decision Making Using Microsoft Business Intelligence and SQL Server 2008
· This introductory session will showcase examples of using BI to improve the running of any organisation. We will stay at conceptual and business levels to ensure that you have a good understanding of the opportunities and the issues that need to be addressed. We will also introduce the terminology and the concepts of BI, such as predictive analysis, performance management, multidimensional data, warehouses, marts, KPIs and so. This session will also give you a good foundation on which to build your BI knowledge from an architectural perspective. We will close this presentation with a brief discussion of a few successful industry case studies.
1100-1215 Delivering BI Through Microsoft Office System 2007
· In this session you will see a live showcase of BI offerings from the perspective of an executive, a manager or a knowledge worker. You will see decision making support through SharePoint Server. We will visualise insight through dashboards and using SQL Server Reporting Services. Above all, we will demonstrate the tight integration of various Office components, notably of Excel with the BI platform. You will see how to perform market basket analysis and new ways to work with pivot tables and multidimensional data without ever leaving Excel’s friendly yet powerful environment.
1315-1430 Aggregating Knowledge in a Data Warehouse and Multidimensional Analysis
· The first more technical session of the day will look at the back office of BI. We will look at the data movements in your organisation, managing it with SQL Server Integration Services to build a working Data Warehouse. We will optimally prepare this data for advanced multidimensional analysis by creating suitable aggregations, hierarchies of attributes and building efficient cubes. This session will stress the importance of data quality and we will show you ways to improve it at its basic and organisational level’s.
1500-1600 Finding Hidden Intelligence with Predictive Analysis of Data Mining
· The final technical session of the day will concentrate on the most future-oriented technology, data mining. We will show you how to find patterns and hidden intelligence in large amounts of data. You will learn how to look for it using a variety of sophisticated techniques. Naturally, we will show you how to forecast and predict the future events and measures in a trustworthy and reliable way. If you ever wanted to build a predictive KPI, this session will show you how to do it. At the end of this session, and of this day, you will know what can be done to gain insight into tomorrow’s unknown to make better decisions today.
1600-1630 Business Intelligence with Microsoft – Summary and Q&A
· We will close the day by summarising the functionality of the entire Business Intelligence platform, once again looking at a BI project from an end-to-end perspective. We will also dedicate a good amount of time for answering any remaining questions from the audience.
Don’t miss out. Register now
In his role as Strategic Consultant at Project Botticelli Ltd, Rafal is responsible for analyzing and forecasting trends in the field of Information Technology. Rafal works closely with teams of up to 150 software developers, as well as with investors and their boards of directors, to practice the best principles of the Microsoft Solutions Framework and the Microsoft Operations Framework. He has helped to build and restructure software development houses and IT consultancies to promote best efficiencies and productivity while stimulating excellent team spirit across organisations. He specializes in several areas: IT architecture models, statistics and more recently data mining, security and cryptography, and management of solution delivery. Rafal is a frequent and popular speaker at Microsoft events having presented at prestigious Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer conferences across Europe, Middle East and Africa. His uniquely energetic speaking style should keep you engaged no matter how complex the subject.