How to become a BI Developer? This is one of the most frequent questions I get from our website visitors (mainly as we provide BI Tutorials).
I have become a BI Developer and I would like to share my experience and thoughts (and get yours) during this session, which will include:
1) We are not born BI Developers and anyone has a chance to become one.
2) It is not easy but it is easier when you have a clear directions how to get there.
3) Permanent vs. Contractor brief explanation of pros and cons.
4) Money is important aspect so we will talk about salaries and contract rates.
5) My journey to becoming a BI developer was not easy and I have started from not knowing English (in 2005) and any aspects of IT and I worked very hard (and Katie; my wife was my main success factor!)...but I no longer want to be a BI Developer so last point is where to go next?
Katie & Emil
Our offical sponsor of KEBI User Group is Opus Recruitment Solutuions (who also got us some contracts in the past).
About our Sponsor: Opus Recruitment Solutions are a specialist IT recruitment agency. Opus have an excellent network of SQL/BI developers and work with a wide range of clients across the UK. If you are in the market for a contract or permanent SQL/BI Developer, or are looking for a new position yourself, please get in touch with one of their consultants today on 0117 968 9292 or visit Opus website
If you cannot attend please let us know so someone else can attend. If you do not turn up and forget to cancel than do not worry that happens and we do not mind it as long as it is not intentional.
We are not responsible for any costs that you incurr in case the event is cancelled or moved to another date.
The event is sponsored and hosted by Opus Recruitment Solutions (Bristol)
Venue Website: http://www.opusrecruitmentsolutions.com/contact-us
We aim to start the even at 5:30pm and finish at 7:30pm without breaks.
We will come at 5pm so feel free to be early. The venue closes at 8pm so we have extra time in case we need more time after the session.
3) Getting there
a) by car
Did you know Bristol is the most congested city in England?
More about it: http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2013-11-06/bristol-most-congested-city/
It is worth bering this in mind and I suggest to check Google Maps around similar day of the week and time to see if would affect your journey.
If you are after easy to get Parking then Bristol Cabot Circus Parking is a good location with 8 minutes walk to the venue but you may find something else if you prefer to go another route.
b) by train
You can arrive at Bristol Temple Meads Train Station and take either a taxi or a bus which is about 6-7 minutes + traffic or if you prefer medium distance walk than it is 25 minutes to the venue.
c) by coach
The venue is 6 minutes walk from the coach station. Coach may be affected by traffic.