* Note, this event is being organised by Hitachi Consulting so any questions or queries please contact Ted Corbett email@example.com or call +44 870 850 6669
We've got a good deal on this, listed price is £2,000 but you get £1,625 if you are member of the UK SQL User Group, when enquiring mention 'Microsoft SQL User Group'.
Microsoft SQL 2005 BI Bootcamp Training
November 27th – December 1st, 2006
Join Reed Jacobson, renowned author of both the Analysis Services 2000 & 2005 Step by Step Books, to learn how to design and develop business intelligence solutions using Microsoft’s world-class Business Intelligence platform. Reed, a frequent featured speaker at conferences and a seasoned implementer of BI solutions will bring his real-world experiences into the classroom to provide a practical hands-on class which will prepare you for your own implementations. Reed is one of the leading authorities and most respected instructors on the SQL 2005 BI platform.
What will be covered?
Through instructor-led sessions and hands-on exercises, students will develop an understanding of:
· What is new in the 2005 BI SQL Server architecture
· Learn how to develop applications using the Business Intelligence Development Studio environment
· Learn how to use the Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) and attribute hierarchies
· How to use Integration Services tasks and transformations
· How to build dimensions and cubes for analytical applications
· How to take advantage of the new features in Reporting Services
· How to use MDX in queries and formulas
· How to work with the new Data Mining models and tools.
Students will be able to immediately apply this knowledge to their real-world BI applications. A full course description is attached.
Who should attend?
Business analysts, database developers, database administrators, and database architects who are responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Business Intelligence applications.
Students should meet the following prerequisites:
· Have an understanding of Business Intelligence principles and concepts.
· Be familiar with basic relational database design, administration, and implementation concepts
Where do I register?
To register, please contact Ted Corbett firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 870 850 6669
Where will the class be held?
The class is conveniently located in central London at the Pygmalion Training Center in central London. Latham House, 16 Minories, London EC3N 1AX
London Underground Stations:
Aldgate (Circle and Metropolitan lines)
Aldgate East (District and Hammersmith & City lines)
Liverpool Street (Central, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines)
Tower Hill (Circle, District and DLR lines)
Liverpool Street (5 minute walk)
Fenchurch Street (5 minute walk)
Aldgate bus station is adjacent to Latham House
NCP car parking is available locally